• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

How to dye epoxie resin

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wizzardworks

I am getting ready to use the "Corey Bird" epoxie wipe technique to fill in sanding scratches. I want to dye the resin so it will become more transparent as it gets thinner with the fine sanding. Also I want to wipe on several coats and the dye may help ensure I am squeegeeing off uniformly as the epoxie is applied.

I would like to dye a gallon of Proset 125 resin but I don't know if the dye goes in the resin or the catalyst. The dye I bought is a liquid in a 1 oz. bottle rated for two gallons. When I bought it I was making a mould out of polyester resin but now I am using epoxie and don't know if it takes a different dye. I would like the convienance of having a gallon all the same concentration but don't know if long term storage will cause problems with the resin. So if anybody has used this stuff I would like to know what I am supposed to do.

wizzardworks

Back