• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Hi All, new here, but not really

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ericv

Supporting Member
HI All, I've been hanging around here since about 2013, at least that's what my password manager says. ha.
Anyway, I've been a member of the EAA for several years, been to Oshkosh several times, the first in 1988, and I'm all over anything aviation.
I was just about done with my PPL in 2020, when.... COVID hit and all training stopped. Family bought an RV, not the kind with wings, and flying money hasn't returned yet.

In the meantime, to get my aviation fix, I started up an online store selling Aviation supplies. Since I fully intend to build my own plane some day, I figured this would be a great way to stay engaged with the community and learn more about avionics, building supplies and anything else that comes up.

In terms of building planes, my dream plane is still the Velocity. XL5 fixed gear would be awesome!! I've never worked with fiberglass, so a bit nervous to delve into that one. I few the Sling 2 in CA and loved it, so the Sling 4 would probably be my second choice. And of course the Van's are fantastic. Between Van's and the Sling for second.

Anyway, my intent is not to make this a billboard, but if anybody does need anything for fixing, flying or building, let me know. I'm very interested in what people are buying, so even if you don't end up buying from Generation Pilot, it helps me to understand the market.

I'm looking forward to meeting everyone.

Back