• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Help with calculations

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boltz

Hi guys,

I have Daniel Raymer's Aircraft Design: A Conceptual Approach - Fourth edition.
I am having trouble with two equations. Pg. 535 Eq.17.82 & 17.83.
These two equations are for the velocity of the aircraft during a descending turn at min sink.
The first is for the velocity measured at the aircraft's centerline and the second is the velocity measured at the inner wing tip.

2016-05-23 12_53_02-Aircraft Design Formulas.png

My question is; what is Vcg and Y and how do I calculate those 2 values?
np8RswB5xIoKoTpFh0lQJOJFDTievnWM2BEwlIKadpWpZlWZaykYPXAL8bWmvxPbVpmuAEqAKcABw4AThwAnDgBODACcD5A3g3iVP6zCpNAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC

y7kz88PvAENgTeAA7wBHOAN4ABvAAd4Azj8A+l2vwMcjFQOAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC

Thanks! :)

Last edited:
Back