• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Hello from the Pacific Northwest

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SPEKTRE76

Lake Stevens, WA / United States of America
Hey guys,

This is Isaac from Washington state. It was really nice to find this site. I have a lot of designs in my head. I also have a few quick sketches I have done as well. On the 22 of September I will be starting my CAD certificate for Advanced Aerospace Manufacturing Design so I can move upstairs with my buddy Tony in Engineering at Boeing.

It has been made known to me by my peers and engineers that maybe I should actually take this up. So, I have and I can't wait to learn and finally build something with the knowledge I gain from school and from all of you, which I assume most of you have already traveled the road of aircrfat design, production and flight.

My past aviation experience includes four years of power plant and fuels systems maintenance on F-14A and B variant Tomcats 1994-1998 in VF-32 at NAS Oceana, VA. I discovered during that time that enlisted men/women can fly as crew members on SAR and ASW aircraft crews. So, I took that plunge went to aircrew candidate school and then on to Anti-Submarine Warfare school, top of the class, selected for Electronic Warfare Operator. I was at VP-30 from 1999-2000. Sadly due to airsickness I was permanently grounded. So, I had a choice, get out or pick a new rate. I chose the latter and had a blast keeping the skies free of stupid for the last 10 years of my career. I currently work at Boeing fabricating and assembling various parts for the 737, 747 and the 777.

I'm a little curious as to how good WinFoil 3 is to use. Does anyone here have a professional opinion on the software? I also saw one here called WingCrafter but I cannot seem to find it online anywhere?

- Isaac

Last edited:
Back