• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Hello fellow airmen

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SundayFlyboy97

Well here I am, after a childhood full of dreams about flying finally with some experience behind the stick.

I started on gliders and therefore soaring will always be my passion, however I quickly became aware of their limitations due to sheer amount of manpower and equipment needed to arrange flying.

Since then I moved on to motorglider, transitioning from L13 blanik to falle sf25c.
Soon I wasn't able to afford regular flying considering the motorglider rent prices. Therefore friend and I bought a SZD 12A converted to a motorglider (it's currently being repaired due to nose wheel and fuselage fracture on a bumpy take off).

But my biggest wish always was to fly an airplane I have built myself, but other than a failed affordaplane project (which failed due to inability to source 6061T6 aluminium) some years ago (fresh out of high school,still proceeded with a build even though I couldn't source all the materials).
Now I am mainly interested in a pod and boom design, sort of like a Cumulus glider project and would also love to try hang gliding.
And here I am on this forum hoping to further expand my ideas and share with other members.

Hope I wasn't too boring.

Best regards,
Adrian

Back