• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Harmon Rocketized Thatcher CX4

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Will Aldridge

The other day I was lamenting being unable to own and fly even a cheap little plane and had some images of the cx4 pulled up on the internet. I'm going to school to be an A&P tech and class is in a hangar at the airport. Well a Harmon rocket came in and I went out to look at it. Long story short it got me thinking about the changes I would like to make to the CX4. So since I have a set of CX4 plans it was easy to see if they'd work or not. To preface this I will just say no attempt is being made to make this into an aerobatic speed demon. Most changes will be purely cosmetic with only one change to the basic structure. But even that I believe will be inconsequential. It might take a few posts to detail the changes I plan in making so for those of you who like to tell everyone who dares to think about changing something how we are going to kill ourselves please hold off till I've finished detailing what I'm planning. But for now here are a couple screen grabs. Those of you familiar with the cx4 ought to be able to see most of them.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 233
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 288
Back