• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Google kept bringing me here... so I joined!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JohnDotCom

Just a Quick intro... (Google finds a lot of your forum posts, as answers to my Queries, so I joined)

Survival, really motivated me to learn to fly (my boss was the PIC and he "gave-up" in a pilot loss of orientation situation, in an ice storm, high in the clouds). By "Gave-Up" I mean, (took his hands off the wheel and feet off the pedals and... Gave-Up). He gave up because everything he did while flying on instruments, seemed to make things worse.

I had not even completed my solo flight at the time, but I righted the plane by sound... by that I mean, I pulled the wheel back slowly, till the propeller stopped making that over-rev sound when the plane stays pointed down. Clear Rime Ice was totally covering the windshield and leading edges of everything including the unheated pitot tube. Luckily, I started to learn this technique of instrument flying, at 23,500 feet in a Turbo Cessna P210, and had enough room to learn to fly by the sound of the prop. Then before we hit the ground, the ice melted off the pitot tube, the instruments came back to life, and he said, "I got it" and he landed the plane. :gig:

When the Dean of Admissions of Tufts Medical School told me, "Well, we can see, that you clearly can do the science, but doctors today need more education in the Humanities. So do some post grad work in the Humanities and come back, and we will probably let you in.

I did do some post grad work, but in Bio-Engineering, and then realized I could not go back and take him up on his conditional-maybe-acceptance.

Back