• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Fisher Flying Products

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Clif001

Hi all,

In my research to find a plane to build, I ran across the Dakota Hawk from Fisher Flying Products. From what I've read, except for the folding wing to allow for trailering (they fold, but it's still too wide for trailering down the road), it seems like it matches most of my wish list. There is still a question as to whether it's LSA compliant (nothing specific on the website), but the numbers seem to favor it. I like the idea of all (or most) wood construction as one of my hobbies is woodworking so that is a definite plus. Finally FFP does off module building for their kits, which is a big selling pint as I want to buy as I build.

But, as they say, if it's too good to be true, it probably is.

Anyone have opinions on the Dakota Hawk (or any of the other FFP aircraft)? Have you built one. or are in the process? Are you familiar with the "geodetic" construction? Is it LSA compliant? Would you fly in one?

Thanks for your input. :)

Back