• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Falconar F 10 (Jodel D9 based) Rudder Build Question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rbrochey

First, Chris at Falconar Avia explained this to me but I'm still wondering... The F 10 I'm building is designed a little stronger and a bit bigger than the D9 and there are other changes too. So I was scratching my head as I got ready to glue up the bottom (aft of rudder spar) rib... it is 30 inches long... the rudder soar is 46 inches long.. so looking at the plans the rib angles from the spar to equal 4.5 inches away from a plumb line from top. Imagine the spar is laying horizontal on the bench, the rib attached at the bottom going vertical but angling left... so the joint required two bevels, one on the spar and one on the rib to make a clean joint were the 1/2 X 1/2 spruce meet as well as the 1.5 mm birch ply. Is this normal for all rudder to have this or is it more common for tail draggers to give the rudder more ground clearance? Whew

Back