• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Fairchild Super 71

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CBHurricane

This year I spend about 7 months in Winnipeg for work, while there I had the opportunity to check out the Royal Aviation Museum of Western Canada. A lot of amazing aircraft that are in limited supply around the world are examples there, one of which was the Fairchild Super 71 designed by famed Canadian engineer Elsie Macgill who had a positive contribution to the Hawker Hurricane production in Canada.
Has anyone seen or heard of anyone looking to build a scaled down replica of the Super 71? I think it would be cool to see it come to fruition, can see the 1920’s race plane styling in the design. Maybe an existing airframe can even be modified in the likes of the Super 71. What say you?

Attachments

• IMG_0025.jpeg
    IMG_0025.jpeg
    684.7 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0026.jpeg
    IMG_0026.jpeg
    602.1 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0027.jpeg
    IMG_0027.jpeg
    70.9 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0028.jpeg
    IMG_0028.jpeg