• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Fabre tandem 2 seater with folding wings

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fabrelaurent2@wanado

Fabre tandem 2 seater aircraft, with folding wings​

novembre 30th, 2022
Proposal for a tandem two-seater ultralight aircraft with folding wings. Compared to the previous project, the wings have been moved forward. It would be motorized by a petrol engine of approximately 50hp or by an electric motor of the same power. Before its realization the project must be submitted to experts.
capture-decran_20221130_211017.png
capture-decran_20221201_124921.png

PDF plans:
file:///C:/Users/fabre/Downloads/plan%20biplace%20tandem%20pdf.pdf
file:///C:/Users/fabre/Downloads/fabre%20tandem%20c%C3%B4t%C3%A9.pdf
FEATURES:
Wingspan: 9m
Length: 5.80m
Wing area: 10.80m2
Horizontal tail area: 1.90m2
Vertical tail area: 0.77 m2
Weight:
Petrol engine version with a 35 kg Hirth 23 engine: Expected maximum weight: Less than 400 kg with 170kg pilot plus passenger and 6 gal petrol (2 hours of autonomy)
Electric motor version: With 90kg batteries just over 400kg
Wing loading:
With petrol engine: less than 37kg/m2
With electric motor: About 40kg/m2
Weight and balance:
See photos of the 1/2 scale « model »
1799-coupee-resiz.jpg
1800-coupee-resiz.jpg

CG at 30% of the leading edge: Balanced with 2 people. With the pilot alone on board (at the front) you have to add 4kg on the tail.
The ideal would be that the plane could be electric or petrol powered without having to modify it. A simple adjustment should be enough.
The width of the horizontal tail must not exceed 2m and less if possible to facilitate the towing of the aircraft on the road
Wing folding:
It is done by a system of rod ends as I described in my previous articles. The dimension of these rod ends must be studied by an expert.
Previous project of a tandem 2 seater:
Fabre Tandem
Links to previous articles and videos:
Functioning of the rod end:

Remember: If you need to see my previous blog, here is the link: Blog
See some of my videos!
YouTube
YouTube
YouTube
YouTube

Back