• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Corviar College 24

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vision_2012

For any one contemplating putting their own engine together, I heartily reccommend attending the Corvair College. One gets a boost in the enthusiam and a healthy education in the do's and don't's of Corvair engine lore.

This last weekend CC24 concluded with three extremely smooth running engines and at least three project starts.

All questions, no matter how "dumb", were answered in a friendly way and the food and drink were well supplied, thanks to Rachel Weseman.
Due to t-storms the whole weekend, only one Corvair flyer came in and made a couple flights.

Its a great place to meet KR, Zenith, Peitenpol and Vision people. Some are designing their own. But all are mastering the assembly, systems and operation of their own engines. This makes for a better informed and safer pilot. And the confidence and enthusiasm of finishing.

I went there to finallize the design of my (now) 3 liter Corvair, and came away with all questions answered except what color to paint the case!

For anyone on the fence of decision making on whether or not to use the Corvair engine, I reccomend the education of William Wynne's websites, manual and DVD's. Your goal of an extremely smooth running NEW engine for a reasonble cost is within reach.

--edit: oops, meant to say Corvair College 23, no time machine involved.

Last edited:
Back