• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Composite Jodel Project

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
About a year ago a friend from a city in the Amazon, who has already built a twin seater Affrodaplane and, more recently, a PA-18 replica, gave me, as a gift, a set of original plans for a Jodel D-18 Sovereign.
I have long studied the aircraft and the plans, and decided to start a Solidworks project of a Composite model of this classic airplane, with some technical modifications.
enclosed is a picture of the wings, which will have hollow center sections, with solid poliurethane tips and fowler flaperons.
The wings will be removable, through slip through spars, fixed by pins to a steel tube welded frame.
I'll be posting other parts as they are completed.
The intention is to install, wether a ROTAX 912 ULS engine or a Turbo AeroVee.
Flight controls will be very similar to the Dark Aero Project, for it's simplicity and for providing a pretty rooming interior for a heavy fellow like me.
Hope you like the project!

Attachments

• Montagem da Asa.JPG
    Montagem da Asa.JPG
    278.3 KB · Views: 0
Back