• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Clip wing Classics

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone here on the Forum have experience or information on Clipped wings on an Aeronca 7AC ? I've only seen one , that I can remember . Cubs and Taylor Crafts seem to be the norm . I am aware that the process renders a certified aircraft (EXPERIMENTAL) and the 51% rule could be an issue but , like I said , Cubs and Taylors are proof that it can be done . Would the reduction of wing area make it almost definitely a single seat airplane (not a problem) and could the airplane still comply with LSA requirements whether single or two place . Would the tail section area need to be reduced in order to balance all surface areas . The Champ is flown from the front seat which leaves me to think the CG would be easier maintained . Tell me what ya know . 🐒

Back