• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Chuggers-alt Group Bob Hoover files?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

karmarepair

Supporting Member
R.S. "Bob" Hoover, aka Veeduber, has been dead over a decade, and I still miss him. I'm trying to collect all the files from the old Yahoo Groups Chuggers-alt Group that disappeared when Yahoo killed that business line. I've got a few of the original DeltaCad source files, and I have several copies of the now extinct DeltaCad application, but I'm wondering if anyone had the good sense to download the files from the group before it disappeared. If you did, direct message me, and we'll figure out a transfer.

The Chugger was a proposed single place VW powered parasol with a lot of Fly Baby DNA, a touch of Mini Max, some Junior Ace. Mostly wood, high-graded from Home Depot premium two by fours, with some 4130 tube and plate, and a couple of sheets of aircraft 1/8" ply for spar webs.

http://bp2.blogger.com/_JU6RC7jJfRc/RkrMb7bTldI/AAAAAAAAAPY/y8yYoF-0NL0/s1600/FUSE_SKETCH.jpg the best sketch of what Bob had in mind. This post from his blog lays out the ideas he was working around CH - Chugger's Progress and if you search "Chugger" in his blog you'll find more.

It's a single place, but it's a possible contender for the 21st century Volksplane, although it harkens back to the 1930's...

Back