• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

But..... why?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rsrguy3

So the consistent answers I get to this question are basically "because that's the way it is" "It was decided long ago" "because those are the regs" or "public pressure". If those or any shade of them are your response please do not waste your time.
In all of my searching, I have yet to find any answers that delineated a set of reasons (logically) or even one that can explain why a fully welded or molded fuselage (completely fabricated in a professional manufacturing environment) NOT by the eab candidate is allowable and considered experimental..... And a wrecked 60 year old modded rebuilt piper or aeronca fuselage(sans aw or data plate) that the eab candidate learned & gained skills on and completed in his garage does not count.
C-crafters or javron can send me a finished clone fuse and a wing kit that I did nothing to fab and it counts... and the assemblies are better than certified.
Is this a case of cronie capitalism? From what I've seen and read their aren't any other "reasons"
FYI.... I don't have a stretched pacer fuse in the works... I just find it insulting that an individual can put in 2 weeks at a build program and "earn" an eab maintainer cert, but Mr lowbudget that actually burns 2000+ hours and can likely pass the a&p exams can't get credit for a fuse as experimental when its pretty obvious the garage built stretched piper is more of an experiment than a crate javron fuse...
If kit manufacturers can swing that 2 week bs is it a stretch to think they don't want a pile of usable parts to flood the market and dilute their potential customer base? Is that really the only answer?

Back