• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Building a Wag-A-Bond

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So, I've got the plans, and studying. First time builder short time lurker, and have lots of questions. Hopefully, prior builders can answer some of them.

1. Where do I buy the 4130? I'm in VT, shipping would probably be significant from mid-west. I've checked online and the prices seem very expensive when compared to Wag-Aero or AS. Are there vendors in the north east that can supply me? I saw one vlog where they drove to Ontario for tube. That's doable but, I don't know how to navigate the border w/ material?
2. I keep seeing blog entries on various sites about getting wings or landing gear, etc. Where do you source those?
3. I'm setting up the build area now. I'm going to construct a 4'x16' table at about waist height. I've got standing drill press, TIG welder (not experienced), various cordless power tools, table saw, chop saw, etc. typical home shop. What tools or gizmos do you recommend that I'll need moving forward? (must haves, and nice to haves).
4. Has anyone done or is there available, anything that resembles a 'how to'? Like instructions, (I'm gigling a bit here, as I have'nt seen anyone ever mention one). I am reasonbly good at figuring stuff out, but it would be nice to have some outline to go by.

Thanks for the help in advance,

Roark

Back