• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Aviation Books for Youngsters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SlowFlyingObject

Captain Turnbuckle
Howdy All,

While building my Bloop 4, I’ve been writing a book about someone doing just that. I began writing it for my 8 year old son while away on work trips. A Chapter in the Hotel each time. I’d send them over for him to read. I recently got to a point that I thought it was time to have it printed and placed on a shelf.

The book is light hearted with aerial adventures and other feats of ingenuity and creativity. It’s very much written in the style of Hardy Boys or The Boxcar Children. Ages 7-12 or so might be interested in such a thing.

I’m having some Author copies printed as gifts for Friends and Family and thought I should get some extras for my HBA folks! I can’t guarantee them by Christmas but will try. If that sounds neat for your Kids or Grandkids, please send me your Address and Name privately along with the Kid’s name.

I’ll update this post to closed after I get 10 or so. It would be pretty special knowing others enjoyed it too. I know my son did.

I can ship to the USA 48 only on this one. Thanks for understanding.

Please also use this space to call out any other inspiring aviation related books for kids.

Merry Christmas!

AJ Roth

—————————->

Book overview​

Fly into an exciting world of daring aerial missions, mouthwatering ice cream and movie glamour with Captain Turnbuckle, his faithful dog, Pepé and a pair of inquisitive youngsters. Based in the charming town of Mount Dora, Florida, this unlikely team embarks on a summer of thrilling escapades with their quirky homemade airplane, the Bloop.

Their remarkable adventures - from flying above the dangerous alligators in the Dora Canal to running a thriving ice cream business, aptly named The Flying Cow Dairy - haven't gone unnoticed. In fact, they've attracted the attention of a Hollywood film producer who believes their lives are the stuff of box office gold!

But how will our dynamic duo handle their newfound fame? And can young inventors, Victoria and Max, keep The Flying Cow Dairy afloat while they dive into the world of movie making?

"CAPTAIN TURNBUCKLE: Alligators & Ice Cream" is a soaring tale of friendship, courage and dreams taking flight. As the Bloop swoops over the Florida skies and Captain Turnbuckle and Pepe step onto the movie set, you're invited to a thrilling adventure that's full of heart, suspense and a few unexpected twists!
Join us at Holbrook Field airstrip, where the days are warm, the ice cream cool, the adventures are thrilling and the sky is just the start. Strap in for the ride of a lifetime with Captain Turnbuckle and Team - the real action is just beginning!

Attachments

• 01A0096A-D122-4054-9C7F-92C05CB3B90E.jpeg
    01A0096A-D122-4054-9C7F-92C05CB3B90E.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
  • 11F7E2F0-51D9-47AF-8EDB-BABFFCA6EF7A.jpeg
    11F7E2F0-51D9-47AF-8EDB-BABFFCA6EF7A.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
Back