• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

An interesting problem

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

raeser08

My first ride in an airplane was in a Pitts Special S2C, and have been hooked ever since. I spent an entire summer working as ground crew for a friend who flew the Pitts in airshows all over Canada. This was an amazing experience but stepping out of the Pitts and into a c-150 to get my liscence was less than exciting. So here is my problem, I am looking for a cross country/ time builder that is more exciting than a c-150. I have just enough tail wheel time to be dangerous and plan on getting more tailwheel time in a tailorcraft. I have been doing some reading on a few different airplanes but would really like some input. I have looked at a lot of different designs including the Cassutt, RV, Cavalier, thorp and MM1 and MM2. I love the price of the cassutt but I don't think my girl would fit in my lap, so the thorp and mustang 2 are what I keep coming back to. Can anyone offer a little advise on flight/landing characteristics, cabin size, pro's/cons's etc. I would really enjoy hearing anything you can offer. Thanks
Brad.
PS. I live in Canada so cabin heat would be essential but I don't imagine that this would be a problem with any of these designs...right?

Back