• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

(Affordaplane) Need to know what I'm getting in to.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boatdink

I quit projects or goals very rarely, but to be safe, how hard is it going to be to build my first ultralight. I've stumbled upon the "Affordaplane" :tired:. It seems to be what I'm looking for (e.g. the name). I have: half of a 1.5 car garage, work bench, standard mechanic tool set (some goodies), welder, drills, saws etc.. Has anybody built successfully in this scenario? Or with less? I'm still open to the idea of different cheap plans <2k. I've looked at the skypup and legal eagle, but the skypup's use of wood and lack of structural integrity to even be able to use ailerons scares me and the eagle is pushing the limits of my budget. Any other budget planes I should be considering? Thank you.

Back