• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Acquired a Rans S-12 no N-number

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I acquired an S-12(xl) 2 Seat side by side ..... has 1000 hours TTAF and the Rotax 912ULS. I traded a Harley for it lol ..... So I figured I could get the 912 rebuilt for a backup (my SLSA has a 300 hour Rotax on it) or sell if I cant get this thing flying legally. Essentially I have 5 to 8k into it (what I would've sold a 40k mile Harley Road glide for) The guy I got it from can't find original builder info. I cant find a serial on the plane ...... clearly looking at the wings and tail feathers it has been flown. Anyone have any suggestions on if I can get this thing registered. Im not opposed to tearing it all apart and rebuilding but its a kit plane not a Homebuilt.

Leaning on the community for input thx.

Back