• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

NACA vs Semi-Circular scoop

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bob H

I am installing a 38 sq.inch oil cooler on a Pulsar that requires an air scoop to bring in ram air inside cowl and thru the cooler. Space is very tight so
I need to cut a hole thru cowl side and divert ram air at 45 deg into cooler. I'm building a shallow shroud on cooler to guide air thru fins.
I'd like to know how much difference there is in drag between a simple semi-circular scoop and a NACA scoop?
NACA scoop appears more streamlined but I need sufficient cooling air and can tolerate some higher drag if it results in high air volume and simplicity.
Thanks.
Bob H

Latest posts

Back