New profile posts

HomeBuiltAirplanes.com

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes.com:

Just found this site, and saw your Dragonfly project for sale with the last post over 2 years ago so assume this has been sold.
Thought I would check to be sure.
I WAS LOOKING AT THE WIRE WHEELS ON CDLWINGNUTS ULTRA AND I WAS WONDERING WHAT BRAND THEY ARE? THANKS
I am admiring your work. Please call or text 425 495 7946. I do not check PMs often enough and it is not a good way to have a conversation.
Call me if you would like some useful comments. Voice or text 425 495 7946. I do some work with PVC and have worked on foam designs in the past.
I have thought about building an AL angle LSA. I have a concern about two rivet joints acting like a pair of scissors. resulting in the shear failure of one of the rivets. I had thought to stop that by using AN bolts of the same dia. as the rivets, washers and castelated nuts, saftied with cotter keys. The AN bolt is 3 times as strong as the rivet of the same diameter, and a lot more chafe resistant.
F
Frank Stark
You mentioned that you owned an AL angle bolted aircraft, and I would appreciate any input that you can give me. My model that I am following is the USN trainer, the New Standard NT-1, which I understand had a similar fuselage construction. It had a reputation for being as close to student/cadet proof as a trainer could be, and easy to repair when they crunched one.
F
Frank Stark
Any advice? Thank you
Doran Jaffas
Doran Jaffas
Feel free to call me frank. I'd be happy to talk to you about that type of construction.
Doran Jaffas
616-350-1463
Eastern time
Ionia, Michigan
Testing the 25% scale POC prototype of my creation now. Finalization of full scale model pending, then on to fabrication!
Hi
I would like to know more about your work with the Weber 750 MPE engine. I have a turbo one the was source from a Polaris snowmobile
Héy!!!
Are you flying a Murphy Renegade?
Derswede
Derswede
I wish. A Cessna 150 now, soloed a Beech Musketeer, but have time in Monocoupes,. Wacos and Staggerwings. We restored antique aircraft for many years until my father passed away.
Tig welded. I have welded since I was a kid. Went to B&W's welding school to weld their coal fired electic power plant boilers when I young. All welds X-rayed. That was Tig and Stick. Also have gas welded most of my life. The JMR Special is my last tube fuselage, now I just don't have the eyesight and hands getting shakey.
T
TLAR
Pops
Your comment came to me, that I think was intended for flywheel
Hi Pops, don't think the other HBA members are seeing what we did, just found his hands a bit "Stephen King" !!!!
I wear gloves too, but blue :) ps; is your airframe gas or tig welded. Alan. UK Builder.