• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Zipster plans review

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bmcj

Supporting Member
I took advantage of Doug Hart's plans offer (see link below) and after looking over them briefly, would like to share my impression of them.

https://www.homebuiltairplanes.com/...ster-plans-low-19-99-a.html?highlight=zipster

I am still looking through the plans and will give you a more detailed breakdown by component once I finish, but I am pleased with what I have seen so far. Granted, the true measure of a set of plans comes when you try to actually build off of them, but with just a cursory reading, they seem to be relatively complete with enough detail to work from, but not the daunting oveload of engineering detail that can intimidate an inexperienced builder.

A nice surprise is that the plans also come with a small booklet describing good practices on shop setup, building schedule, etc. I suspect that the totality of this work is a composite of input from Hart Aero and designer Ed Fischer, but is seems to be well written and flows well.

I'll come back with more details as I study them in more detail, but for now, let me say that the $19.95 download price is dirt cheap and well worth the money. You can also get prints from Doug, but I think the electronic version is sufficient. Even if you print them out smaller than the intended 17x22, I think that you can still build from them with no problem. All the dimensions seem to be there for scaling purposes.

Bruce :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back