Zenith Homecoming Sept 18-19

Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum

Help Support Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum:

PagoBay

2020 was almost devoid of airshows for reasons well known to all. Zenith is proceeding with their annual homecoming fly-in with owner/builder presentations, demo flights, vendor booths, etc.

Featured aircraft and speakers include:

Clint Gosch (from Iowa) scratch-built his own STOL CH 750 (powered by a 100-hp Continental O-200 engine) from plans (blueprints).

Jon Humberd is coming back with his Super 701, a kit-built STOL CH 701 powered by a 130-hp UL350iS engine.

Mark Pensenstadler plans to fly in from Michigan in his stunning "Blue Angels" Zenith CH 750 Cruzer that he built from a kit. 130-hp UL350iS Powered.

Jonathan Fay flying his "Big Tire" Zenith CH 750 Cruzer that he built from a kit, powered by a Viking 130-hp engine.

David Tillema with his 130-hp Viking-powered CH 750 Cruzer with a three-blade DUC propeller and hub with a custom variable pitch system new from Viking.

N804RV

HBA Supporter
2020 was almost devoid of airshows for reasons well known to all. Zenith is proceeding with their annual homecoming fly-in with owner/builder presentations, demo flights, vendor booths, etc.

Featured aircraft and speakers include:

Clint Gosch (from Iowa) scratch-built his own STOL CH 750 (powered by a 100-hp Continental O-200 engine) from plans (blueprints).

Jon Humberd is coming back with his Super 701, a kit-built STOL CH 701 powered by a 130-hp UL350iS engine.

Mark Pensenstadler plans to fly in from Michigan in his stunning "Blue Angels" Zenith CH 750 Cruzer that he built from a kit. 130-hp UL350iS Powered.

Jonathan Fay flying his "Big Tire" Zenith CH 750 Cruzer that he built from a kit, powered by a Viking 130-hp engine.

David Tillema with his 130-hp Viking-powered CH 750 Cruzer with a three-blade DUC propeller and hub with a custom variable pitch system new from Viking.
Way cool! I wish I could go!

Pops

HBA Supporter
Log Member
If you get a chance to go to the Zenith factory, do it. One day I was driving from out west and saw a sign on Interstate 70 that said the town of Mexico, called Zenith and ask if I could drop by for a tour of the factory. Met Sebastian and had a great tour. Glad I stopped. I was impressed with the organization of everything.
If I was looking to build a utility type quick build homebuilt, I would look at the Zenith 750 HD with a Lyc-320 engine.

Side note-- Since our grass runway is needing work and getting rough, I am upgrading the nose gear ( Z-601 copy) of the JMR to the stronger nose gear of the Z-750 HD. I also have a plans built Zenith 600 that has been in storage for several years. The 600 was never sold in a kit, plans only for a couple years and was updated with a 2" wider fuselage and wing fuel tanks that become the 601 and sold as a kit.

Bigshu

I try to get to this one every time I can, just to talk corvair engines with William Wynne. Planning to pick up core engine this time, so I don't want to scrub the mission. Might be a grab and go after saying hi to some folks, but I'd like to stick around and try and convince the Zenith folks to make some progress on the SAM lsa. The plan for this one sounds reasonably safe, with most everything taking place outside the hangars, including the builder dinners Friday and Saturday. I plan to administer alcohol after the show, purely for medicinal purposes, then spend the night in Mexico (MO) before driving home to KC. We've been wearing masks and sanitizing at work throughout the pandemic, since we're an "essential" industry.

cheapracer

Log Member
I consider numbers of you to be my Internet friends, please wear masks if you go to these things, I don't want to hear bad things happening to you guys, and don't make it political, the Virus doesn't care about "Your Rights".

Take plenty of Vitamin C too, which you should be doing already anyway..