Zenith Homecoming 2021

Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum

Help Support Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum:

Bigshu

I'll be there. Camping on-site.

Have built a 601XL, and am seriously considering building one of the 750's...

- Pat
If I can make it this year, I'd love to see your 601. Have you ever considered the four place 801?

PatrickW

Have you ever considered the four place 801?
Haven't considered the 801 (I don't think Zenith sells that one anymore). I'm leaning towards an LSA-eligible aircraft for my "retirement years", even though I'm currently building a Wittman Tailwind and also own a Grumman Tiger.

I'll be driving a Jeep and towing a camper to the Zenith event. Bringing my wife and a small dog. Kind of a vacation for us.

- Pat

Bigshu

Haven't considered the 801 (I don't think Zenith sells that one anymore). I'm leaning towards an LSA-eligible aircraft for my "retirement years", even though I'm currently building a Wittman Tailwind and also own a Grumman Tiger.

I'll be driving a Jeep and towing a camper to the Zenith event. Bringing my wife and a small dog. Kind of a vacation for us.

- Pat
Ever think of selling your Tiger? I learned to fly in a Yankee, and have been looking for a four place Grumman. They go fast in this crazy market.

PatrickW

They go fast in this crazy market.
Oh man, you've got THAT right. The Tiger is the one everybody wants, and the market for them is insane. I went through all that a couple years ago.

I just put a hotrod LyCon engine ("hotrod" as much as is possible for a certificated engine) in my Tiger. Dyno'd at 204HP. It's really a wonderful airplane.

One of the honcho Grumman guru's calls the Tiger "an RV for grown ups". :pilot:

The Tiger is kinda what is prompting me to look at the Zenith 750, as I have a lot of "mission overlap" between the Zodiac and the Tiger, and frankly the Tiger does everything the Zodiac does, only better (except in takeoff performance, as my Zodiac also has a screamer of an engine and gets off the ground RIGHT NOW!). The mission I'm wanting to fulfill with the 750 is "comfortable low and slow sightseeing with a passenger", hence the upcoming "vacation" to the Zenith Homecoming.

- Pat

Bigshu

Oh man, you've got THAT right. The Tiger is the one everybody wants, and the market for them is insane. I went through all that a couple years ago.

I just put a hotrod LyCon engine ("hotrod" as much as is possible for a certificated engine) in my Tiger. Dyno'd at 204HP. It's really a wonderful airplane.

One of the honcho Grumman guru's calls the Tiger "an RV for grown ups". :pilot:

The Tiger is kinda what is prompting me to look at the Zenith 750, as I have a lot of "mission overlap" between the Zodiac and the Tiger, and frankly the Tiger does everything the Zodiac does, only better (except in takeoff performance, as my Zodiac also has a screamer of an engine and gets off the ground RIGHT NOW!). The mission I'm wanting to fulfill with the 750 is "comfortable low and slow sightseeing with a passenger", hence the upcoming "vacation" to the Zenith Homecoming.

- Pat
I don't really need a 4 place, but I'm at a point where the AA1s are too limited on useful load, hence, the desire for an AA5. My dad's last plane was a Traveller, And that was a nice XC airplane. Not super fast, but comfortable and dependable (a couple of Lo Presti mods helped with the speed). I'll keep an eye out for you at the Homecoming if I can make it.

Rhino

Lifetime Supporter
I can’t find any hotels in Mexico with rooms, so I’ll be staying in St Louis and commuting in a 340, I have some extra seats if anyone else is in a similar boat.
Thought I saw a 340 fly over the highway on my way in today and thought that might be you, but didn't see one on the ramp.

PatrickW

Had a wonderful time.

Probably met some of you guys in person. Can be tough to know from some of the screen names. Thanks for the beer (you know who you are); and hope you enjoyed the Texas IPA (you know who you are too).

Such a treat to be able to sit down and spend serious quality time with like-minded builders and flyers...

- Pat

Bigshu

Had a wonderful time.

Probably met some of you guys in person. Can be tough to know from some of the screen names. Thanks for the beer (you know who you are); and hope you enjoyed the Texas IPA (you know who you are too).

Such a treat to be able to sit down and spend serious quality time with like-minded builders and flyers...

- Pat
Wish I could have been there. CAP Missouri Wing was running a SAREX, so had to skip this year.

JMyers1

Thought I saw a 340 fly over the highway on my way in today and thought that might be you, but didn't see one on the ramp.
I got in Friday afternoon. That gas pump is very slow.

Mu favorite was a Cruzer built by I think his name was Jay Carter. Rigged his own elevator controls. Whole plane was extremely well done. Wide variance, another guy I think used house paint… not knocking him to each their own…