• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBuiltAirplanes and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Zenith CH-701 Plans Unused

Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum

Help Support Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum:

runwayrat

Banned
I bought the plans Jan 2008 and ended up buying an already built 701. I love it! I wish I would of built my own! They are EZZZZZZZ to build 225hrs. and fly. $125.00 complete plans. Please add $7 for postage because it cost $15 postage. If you want this perfect set of plans mail and make your money order to :
CCI
713 Earle Drive
Benton, AR 72015
Questions? 501-765-9445

addaon

Lifetime Supporter
If you had posted this a week ago, I would have grabbed it. Oh, well.

bravoalpha

I bought the plans Jan 2008 and ended up buying an already built 701. I love it! I wish I would of built my own! They are EZZZZZZZ to build 225hrs. and fly. $125.00 complete plans. Please add $7 for postage because it cost $15 postage. If you want this perfect set of plans mail and make your money order to :
CCI
713 Earle Drive
Benton, AR 72015
Questions? 501-765-9445

I will take them if you still have them! bravoalpha

badger

Tooele Utah It's 40 klicks south and west of SLC
Casey,

Well, I aint so sure about it now. I sent him a money order on the 18th for $140.00. It's been near 3 weeks, and I aint heard jack $h!t from anyone about any 701 plans. No phone call, no email.....nothing.

Been trying to call him too, and when the phone answers, it's a recording that says "the customers mail box is full and cannot take anymore messages. You can leave your number and it will be sent to his pager." So, I do. 5 times back to back I do, for 3 days now, twice a day. Still nothing.

So, I'm just beginning to be thankful that I didn't send him the 3K for that 912 too! How does it go...."if it sounds too good to be true, it usually is?"

Beginning to think I'm out $140. The guy sure sounded sincere though. I guess time will tell.

John

Badner,
Good job and happy building. Take care.

Casey

LGM

Casey,

Well, I aint so sure about it now. I sent him a money order on the 18th for $140.00. It's been near 3 weeks, and I aint heard jack $h!t from anyone about any 701 plans. No phone call, no email.....nothing.

Been trying to call him too, and when the phone answers, it's a recording that says "the customers mail box is full and cannot take anymore messages. You can leave your number and it will be sent to his pager." So, I do. 5 times back to back I do, for 3 days now, twice a day. Still nothing.

So, I'm just beginning to be thankful that I didn't send him the 3K for that 912 too! How does it go...."if it sounds too good to be true, it usually is?"

Beginning to think I'm out $140. The guy sure sounded sincere though. I guess time will tell.

John
John,

Do a google search on the phone number. I got back two hits, both to different people, both for different kitplane parts, both on different online aviation lists. Interesting.

Good luck,

L.G.M.

badger

LGM:

I'll give it a go. Maybe I can get an email address or something....but I'll bet I got the shaft.....without the prop! Oh well....guess theres a first for everyone. But, when all you have is a mans word, and you trust him on it, I reckon there aint a whole hell of a lot you can do. It just makes me a little more proud that I never break mine. Costly I guess, but when I have to start putting a price tag on my recreation, it's time to stop recreating.

Thanks for the info.

badg

John,

Do a google search on the phone number. I got back two hits, both to different people, both for different kitplane parts, both on different online aviation lists. Interesting.

Good luck,

L.G.M.

Stefan

Re: Zenith CH-701 Plans Unused -SCAM-

He pulled the same on me.

Payed him on 15th based on his ad in Barnstormers. Never heard from him again. He had the following name: Jim R. Taylor located Pine Bluff, AR US.

Here is want he asked me to do:
"Sure Stefan,
You can send the money directly to Mrs. Bell since they rightfully belonged to her late husband. Send to:
Linda Bell
12822 Crystal Valley Road
Little Rock, AR 72211
USA
Thanks for buying them she will really appreciate it also!
[FONT=&quot]Jim"
Stupid me. I should have seen it coming when he told me he found the plans in a C150 he just purchased.

Well, someone will get him!

Stefan

[/FONT]

Midniteoyl

Last edited:

Midniteoyl

From Gary Shelby Barnstormers ad:

Discount Tire and Brake
7325 Kanis Road
Little Rock, AR 72204
(501) 663-8473
Fax: (501) 907-2382
E-mail: [email protected]
Gary Shelby, Manager
AUTOMOBILE - SERVICES

Someone 'Jim Taylor' knows and used his name? Wouldnt think Jim Taylor is his real name (it's the name of a company in Little Rock), but he's prolly at the dentist address above.

Last edited:

Midniteoyl

Search Date:​

Friday, October 03, 2008 05:03 am
Phone Number:​

(501) 765-9445
Line Type:​

Cell Phone
Phone Carrier:​

SOUTHWESTERN BELL WIRELESS, LLC - A
City:​

LITTLE ROCK
State:​

AR
County:​

PULASKI
Latitude:​

Longitude:​

=================================

(501) 765-9445
Type: Cell PhoneProvider: New Cingular Wireless Pcs, Llc
Due to number portability, some numbers have been transferred to a new service provider.

Type: Cell PhoneProvider: New Cingular Wireless Pcs, LlcLocation: Little Rock, AR

Click if ya wanna try to find the address:
http://www.ussearch.com/consumer/ala/category.do?&searchPhone=(501) 765-9445&adID=615120D552&adsource=9&TID=4&cid=5107&did=3&searchtab=phone

LGM

You might also consider contacting you local postmaster. If you mailed the payment, it might fall under postal fraud. :mad2:
Speaking of, anyone consider it might be a postal carrier on that route? Makes up a name at a certain business that just watches for it when delivering the mail. If the addresses are close enough together...
Anyway, I'd recommend if you gonna pursue it, that you guys get together "offline" from Homebuilt, because he (or she) might be watching these threads to see if theres more guys interested.

Good luck,

L.G.M.

R

river1

I know it's easy to say now ..... , guy's please , make lots of questions , ask for photo's , maybe his user name on other forums and contact the forum moderator off list , then make more questions . Sorry for what hapen to badger .
PR

badger

Stefan,

I'll be go to hell. Yep, he told me that was his name, but everybody called him Jim-Bob.....said he was a high time crop duster, and he used a 701 that he'd "just bought" to do small fields and stuff around there locally. (The 701 must have been already fitted with tanks, etc.)....that why he was selling the plans he'd bought....didn't need them, brand new, all the benefits from Zenith came with them, i.e., builder hotline, builder help, etc.

At FIRST, I told him I only wanted the 912 for 3K. Who wouldn't?! Then he said, no, that 3 K is only if you buy the plans, cuz "I want to give the guy who buys the plans a break on his costs. If you just want the 912, it's $10,500."....WHICH I also considered for a bit! Thank God I wasn't that **** nieve.....or stupid. He also went on and on about how he was "a true flyer and pilot." "I've been in to airplanes and flying all my life, and us pilots are kind of 'all for one, one for all', and I do just about anything to help my fellow pilots save money, save time, etc., etc." "We're a unique group, and we stand together." Crap like that, but at the time, I really thought he was a sincere guy.

Anyway......you can bet your a$$ I'll be a bit more careful in the future. That $140.00 isn't a fortune, but it would have bought me a few more needed item for MY project. And you know, baring "tooth fairy money" (which I still get now and then..), I dont believe I have ever taken a dime from someone if I didnt deserve it. So now, for the rest of my life probably, I'll have to be a bit skeptical and leary......and if it involves more than $150.00, I guess it'll have to be a "half now, and the rest upon delivery".

Jim...

Thank you kindly for doing all that ground work. I'll do a bit of questioning I reckon. I mean, you know it's not like it was my life savings! I've spent $140.00 and more on a good weekend drunk before.....when I used to indulge. OVER indulge, actually. But I truely do appreciate the time you took to run the name, number, etc. I wouldn't have the foggiest idea how to even do it. Computer literate I am not. Fact is, I already know MORE about these than I ever intended to, or wanted to. So thank you muchly.

As far as purduing it......well, like I say....if it'd been 10500 for the 912, or even 3000, you **** right. Just not sure if 140 is worth the time and trouble. Laughs on me ths time.

The postal carrier....no way. Been the same guy for 20+ years here. The postal guy on THAT end....could be I guess.

Anyway, a big BIG thank you to everyone for the information. I guess I'll just be leary of Jim Bobs in Arkansas!

Thank again crew.....you guys here in this forum are great people. I knew I'd found a home here.

Badg

He pulled the same on me.

Payed him on 15th based on his ad in Barnstormers. Never heard from him again. He had the following name: Jim R. Taylor located Pine Bluff, AR US.

Here is want he asked me to do:
"Sure Stefan,
You can send the money directly to Mrs. Bell since they rightfully belonged to her late husband. Send to:
Linda Bell
12822 Crystal Valley Road
Little Rock, AR 72211
USA
Thanks for buying them she will really appreciate it also!
[FONT=&quot]Jim"[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]........................................[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Stupid me. I should have seen it coming when he told me he found the plans in a C150 he just purchased.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Well, someone will get him![/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Stefan[/FONT]

Joe Kidd

Standard rule of thumb whenever purchasing an item from an on line auction or advertisement is to first check the references, if it looks to good to be true than something’s wrong. Also always pay using a USPS MO, mailed by Priority Mail. Then if the person involved fails to ship you the item or otherwise defrauds you a USPS Inspector can be called upon to investigate and prosecute said criminal, yes they most certainly will do this.
While you can still file a fraud report on the matter with your local police or sheriffs office it is questionable as to how much help they can provide. Should you wish to you can go to this where the person lives and obtain a warrant of file civil suit against them, damages and prosecution costs can also be asked for and awarded. So in effect it depends upon how far you want to take the mater. :ermm:

badger

Thanks for the info Joe.

I didn't know all that. I paid him with a credit union money order, but dont ask me where my copy of it is. I reckon by now, it's out at the dump somewhere. I used to keep them, but never had need to use one for anything....so anymore I just throw them down somewhere, and the wife cleans up, and things dissappear! But I never knew all that. Rest assured in the future, that is the procedure I'll follow.

I done already checked with our local law enforcement.....not a lot they can do.

Like I said though....140 bucks aint my lifes savings, and I'll live. And I sure as hell aint gonna drive/fly all the way from here to Arkansas and back for a hundred and forty bucks! But in the future, I'll do exactly as you said...USPS money order, priority mail.

And thanks again Joe. I truely do appreciate it.

Badg

Standard rule of thumb whenever purchasing an item from an on line auction or advertisement is to first check the references, if it looks to good to be true than something’s wrong. Also always pay using a USPS MO, mailed by Priority Mail. Then if the person involved fails to ship you the item or otherwise defrauds you a USPS Inspector can be called upon to investigate and prosecute said criminal, yes they most certainly will do this.
While you can still file a fraud report on the matter with your local police or sheriffs office it is questionable as to how much help they can provide. Should you wish to you can go to this where the person lives and obtain a warrant of file civil suit against them, damages and prosecution costs can also be asked for and awarded. So in effect it depends upon how far you want to take the mater. :ermm: