• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBuiltAirplanes and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

ZENITH CH 701 (Now flying with twice reduced Price..$26, $24, now $22,950)

Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum

Help Support Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum:

striplic

ZENITH CH 701 • $22,950 • FOR SALEMfg. Completed 2015, AWC received from FAA 5/28/15, First Flight 7/26/15, 0.5 hrs. TTAF, Rotax 582, 2.5 hrs. SMOH, B-Box, IVO prop, elec. start/trim, X-ponder - specifications, history of construction and pics on request • Contact Cliff B. Stripling, Owner/Builder - located Marble Falls, TX USA • Telephone: 830 693 2386 or 512 924 4199 or striplic(at)tetric.com https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xEy8MZYpJBc&feature=youtu.be This is a very short video of the first flight take off. https://youtu.be/EvV_4MhEa-c This is the taxi for first flight.

striplic

What kind of landing gear is that? The stock gear that came in the kit. It is called a slab gear, cantilevered to spring outside and inside of the attach points at either side of the fuselage. The wheels are 13" and supported on each side by U brackets. Brakes are cable drum. Zenith gear are bolt on types so it could be changed out if so desired. The new type is higher off the ground, stronger, but heavier and cost more.

The comment about the first flights... being too long in between and wondering why... I think the first one was in July. My test pilot (I am not him as I don't fly anymore due to health issues and deteriorated flying skills) has a bad back that bothers him often and other instructing and ferry obligations so he could not fly the Zenith as frequently as I would have liked.

I was glad to find him as there aren't too many pilots who fly Zeniths. No one wants to buy a plane that hasn't flown. It has flown now 5 times for 3 hours and the test pilot has wrung it out pretty good. Data on the results of the flights is included in the spec. sheet. available for the asking as well as pictures.

Last edited: