• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Zenith 601 HDS/Subaru EA81 -75% built

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cdrz11

G'day! I've got a partially complete (about 75%) Zenith 601 HDS taildragger for sale. I am the third owner of the project, but all of the major construction was done by an 8x aircraft builder in NY. The tail section is finished, wings are about 99% done, and the fuselage is about 60% finished. I have all of the major components to finish the plane (minus the instruments/interior kit), and most of the hardware/small parts as well. I have a few sets of plans, all the original build logs and construction photos dating back to the beginning of the project. The project also includes a low time (~150 hr) Subaru EA81 engine with a belt driven reduction unit and 3 blade Powerfin prop.

Asking $12,000

I ended up buying a flying plane and am just at the wrong point in my life to be building a plane, otherwise I'd love to finish this bird! I'll probably look back in a few years and kick myself for selling it!

Give me a call/text/email anytime

Chad
570-898-6243
[email protected]

Attachments

• Subaru_EA81.jpg
    Subaru_EA81.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 59
  • 20160419_201500.jpg
    20160419_201500.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 58
Back