Zenair Zipper

Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum

Help Support Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum:

b7gwap

Being a millennial my dad showed me shows like Combat and Sky King from his youth, must have missed this one. Thanks for the education good sirs. Just spent an hour catching up on highlights. TV was sure different back then.

TFF

Five-O is one of the first modern cop shows 60s-70s. Definitely one of the best theam/ opening credits in TV history. Magnum PI mythically tails the Five-O undercover car in his first episode passing the baton. Reruns aren’t what they use to be either. Now just stuck with Everyone loves Raymond and the Golden Girls or Miley Cyrus kid shows. Anyone have a Manix box set?

b7gwap

Veering back to topic, I wonder if one could make the zipper a little less of a heart attack if you converted it to have more traditional ultralight wings. Slap some Aerolite 103 or Kolb wings on it.

Tiger Tim

I like Peter Gunn just for the music by Henry Mancini.
OT- my middle school played the Peter Gunn theme every morning over the PA as a two minute warning to get to our home rooms. If you have to cover a maze of hallways on foot in two minutes and that theme plays, you hustle.

…and it never got old.

b7gwap

I don’t know how common they are anymore, or if Zenith sold it as a kit only or if it had drawings with dimensions. The Zenith company of today certainly goes out of their way to document how to build their airplanes from scratch, but that would have been a rarity in the 1980s ultralight world I think.

Pops

HBA Supporter
Log Member
OT- my middle school played the Peter Gunn theme every morning over the PA as a two minute warning to get to our home rooms. If you have to cover a maze of hallways on foot in two minutes and that theme plays, you hustle.

…and it never got old.
Alway liked Henry Mancini's music.
Henry Mancini grew up in the same neighborhood as my wife. Same for Mike Ditka, Mike was one year ahead of my wife at Aliquippa High School. At the same time I was in the same grade as my wife when I went to HS at Monaca , Pa , about 5 miles away. And Joe Maneth was a couple years younger across the river in Beaver Falls HS. My HS coach moved to Beaver Falls the next year and was Joe's HS coach. Great Coach and nice man. Met him again about 15 years latter in a Restaurant in another state. I moved there when I was 15 years old and I lived in Beaver until I was almost 30 years old. Start loafing at Beaver Co (BVI) airport when I was 15 years old. It was a little grass field at that time.
Joe bought a bar at a bowling alley from my brother-in law.

b7gwap

Maybe someone will chime in, but you may have to go to a museum to see one in person. Do we know of any on display? Does Zenith have one?