Zenair 701

HomeBuiltAirplanes.com

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes.com:

Nerbie

I know the 601 has some safety issues regarding the wing failure. Are there any cases like this or concerns associated with the 701?

Vigilant1

Lifetime Supporter
I know the 601 has some safety issues regarding the wing failure. Are there any cases like this or concerns associated with the 701?
Not that I'm aware of. And, just so it gets said, there is no wing failure issue on the early CH 601 aircraft (produced and flown for many years without incident). The problem is/was with a different airplane, the CH 601 XL. Planes that have the required fixes to avoid problems are properly identified as CH 601 XL B. A modified version of this same basic aircraft (larger canopy, swept rudder, etc) is known as the CH 650.

Nerbie

Thanks.

This is a tough question but anyone have a ballpark for value of mid 90's 701 with a 583 rotax with low hours. I know it will depend on who built it but lets assume that it was built well. Just looking for a value range.

Thanks.

Nickathome

Wasn’t is 6 planes or so that suffered catastrophic structural failure in flight. -Sickening.
Shame. Sad to say but those incidents have turned me off to Zenith aircraft for good. That's just too many incidents period....