YouTuber under FAA Investigation for seemingly deliberate crash...

Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum

Help Support Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum:

Status
Not open for further replies.

qchen98

I've seen people doing power-off landing in a sim using the same location and aircraft.

However, the terrain feature of flight sims is usually misleading, flat spots in the sim may not be suitable landing sites in real life.

Would anyone try a power-off simulation in a real aircraft at the exact same location using any aircraft? it shouldn't be difficult

flitzerpilot

Oh. please. Just listening to the idiot narrator on that specious video was enough for me to turn it off in disgust before the end. How come anybody can believe that you get sucked out of an unpressurised aeroplane if the door becomes unlatched in flight, even if you're not strapped in, is beyond me. Why don't I get sucked out of my open cockpit biplane? Another pretty little T-Craft wantonly destroyed for some egocentric f'wit is another one too many. Wish there was a statute to get this cretin banged up for a long time. Maybe there is.

Prison time might change his perspective on life.

Pops

Log Member
When on the ground, he talked like a 3 year old. I'm tired, I'm thirsty, I want my blankly.
My Grandfather would have straighten him up BIG Time. Me, Grandfather I got hurt. Grandfather's answer, if blood is not squirting and no bones sticking out, get back to work.

dwalker

Oh. please. Just listening to the idiot narrator on that specious video was enough for me to turn it off in disgust before the end. How come anybody can believe that you get sucked out of an unpressurised aeroplane if the door becomes unlatched in flight, even if you're not strapped in, is beyond me. Why don't I get sucked out of my open cockpit biplane? Another pretty little T-Craft wantonly destroyed for some egocentric f'wit is another one too many. Wish there was a statute to get this cretin banged up for a long time. Maybe there is.

Prison time might change his perspective on life.
If you are talking about the Just Plane Silly guy, well he was making fun of the original video

Woofbite

I never heard of him before this video. I have no feelings for him one way or the other, but I do have strong feelings about faking emergencies.

In this video he talks about how he always wears a parachute, but that in fact is a lie. I am not getting into the type of parachute etc. but here is the glaring thing- talking about how you always wear a parachute when YOU DO NOT prior to taking off from a flight where you crash, is a glaringly odd thing to do.

So here again, he had a lot of choices when the engine quit. A lot. Does not Aviate- other than to slow the plane to a speed he can get the door open and safely jump, He does not Communicate- no radio calls, no squawk, no panicked call for help giving location for rescue. He does not Navigate- there is a dry creek bed RIGHT THERE in plain sight and easily reachable. At his altitude he could have made any number of safe landing locations, but he did not even TRY. From engine stop to bail out it was what, a minute?

The plane was not expensive, unlike the plane he had just flown in to that airport to get in the T-craft. Strange right? Get out of your fast, relatively modern plane and jump in a slow old bucket to continue cross country? Nothing weird about that. Oh and I read somewhere that when he got out of the plane he flew in to pick up the T-craft he was NOT wearing the chute. I hope pictures or video surfaces..

As mentioned above that T-craft could have easily glided 20 miles from the altitude he bailed out at. And of course there was the dry creek bed.. literally right there...

He made the decision before he ever got in that plane, and it is fairly apparent.

As far as motivation goes, try money. I know guys that have retired early because they make more money off of youtube videos. But, when the views slow down it hits you right in the wallet. Only so many times people are going to click in to watch another snowboard or STOL video. These guys have to do something to generate content that generates views, and sustain thier revenue. My guess is he has already made back the cost of the plane and more.
. . .well, who knows. maybe the FAA will take his airplane away from him. glad he survived . . .

Hawk81A

Can't wait to see the PRISON video. Dennis
Speaking of dumb kneejerk Gov't rules, just look at all the crap that was being proposed when the Nine O Nine crashed last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.