• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Your thoughts on those temporary aircraft tie downs.....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nickathome

The yearly airshow at our airport is this weekend (Aug 25-26), and that means aircraft(mine included) that are parked on the tarmac, must be moved. The paved tarmac area is where the viewing public is allowed. I will be parking down the hill in a flat grassy/dirt area that's off limits to the public(saw people let their children climb on airplanes in the other field, hence why I park where I do). Anyway, I am going to use "The Claw" that I bought several years ago, for the first time. I bought these tiedowns for the off chance I fly to a grass strip and there are no tiedowns. So far I have never had to use them. Just wondering what your thoughts are on these and other types of temporary tiedowns. I've read good and bad about just about all of them, with most testimonials mentioning the tornado at Sun n Fun last year, and using that as the gauge for the success or failure of any tiedowns. I don't expect to have to withstand a tornado, but am curious to hear what you all think.

Back