• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

YOUR GREATEST FIND

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

don january

I had to share the story on how I found MY stinson. I was driving to work one morning in february with about 4 ft. of snow in the ditch and I looked over at the old local airport and seen that a roof had collapsed on a hanger. mind you it was a grass strip with two hangers.I knew the fella who had his swift in one hanger and behold in the other was the stinson. So on a mission I went, spent 2 weeks calling around and finially found the old fellow who had it stored.he said young man if you can get it out and in the air all I ask is a ride. So for the next 3 days 10 bellow zero the wife and I are out there chopping the frozen ground around the tail wheel and mains. well hooked the tail wheel to the back of my truck and took the longest 13 mile drive home to the shop. It took a bit over 8 months to get the original N number and the paper work in order. What amazed me the tires took air for awhile anyways, It's fun to find things:) Don

Back