• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

You Look and Look and Think and Think, Then Finally, You Start Building

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rbrochey

At least this has been true for me... you can keep finding designs you like better than the last but still, your mission is undefined. It can take awhile but my advice to new builders is don't spend TOO much time looking. My 'mission' for an airplane has changed drastically over the years which I would believe is often the case. But after living in the wilds of western New Mexico for over twenty five years, at roughly 7800 feet, mountainous terrain and high desert I know what I need. Yet I am building two, one with my son, the Legal eagle XL which mayobe one day he will take to Phoenix with him... the other... ahhhhh a true love blossoms! The Morin M-85. It is everything I need in an LSA... and I will be building the high lift wood wing version with the fixed leading edge slots... and slotted flaps, and as a taildragger (either is an option) powered by I'm not sure yet, I want to look closely at the plans but my initial choice is a Verner Scarlett 5SI.... but I don't know yet and may go with the Rotax 912 or a Continental...

So plans will be on their way this week and I'm getting my shop ready for this and the LE... Only thing left to decide is which brand of new coffee pot... I would also like to point out that the communication and support from Jean-Charles at Campavia has been the best... true the plans are in French... fortunately we have a friend from France here so it's Salut to that problem! (Maybe I should also study French... it is at least half of my heritage!) I will ratchet up my flight training and tail wheel endorsement this spring, meanwhile I can dedicate at least 20 hours a week on this with the plan to take the M-85 to OshKosh in 2019... hey! Anything's possible!

Back