Quantcast

You can't set the low altitude record

HomeBuiltAirplanes.com

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes.com:

Victor Bravo

HBA Supporter
I can see both sides of this tragedy, but it is a horrible tragedy nonetheless. If the two people were close friends, there was clearly no malice or intent to harm here. Most of us who have more than a few hundred hours in our logbooks have buzzed our friends, and been buzzed by our friends.

One other thing that I find a little far fetched in that news article is the notion that the victim was unable to see or hear the aircraft approaching. Could not hear a deHavilland Beaver with a 985?

Last edited:

BBerson

Light Plane Philosopher
HBA Supporter
91.119 states: "may not be operated closer than 500 feet to any person"
I guess he misjudged that part.

don january

HBA Supporter
Log Member
Terrible thing to happen for sure. While flagging for Dad when spraying one rule was not to take your eyes off the plane. Many of times I could feel the air move my hair or cap and I have seen leaves from the crop stuck to the wheels. The sentence was rather light for the pilot the fine was less then what his plane is worth

Pops

HBA Supporter
Log Member
My youngest son was hit head-on by a tanker semi-truck in the wrong lane on the interstate at night when he was 24 years old. Driver fell asleep and the tanker was on its side sliding down the wrong lane on fire when it hit his car head on in the middle of a bridge. He was DOA when he got to the hospital. Brain hemorrhaged in 4 places, steering wheel shaft into chest and out his back with damaged heart, stomach and left lung. Lost right ear and a lot of his scalp with the fractured skull. Many bones broken from his hip up on his body. Spent 2 years in hospitals in the same condition at the man in the article. He was a engineer and lost all of his education and had to be taught starting about like 2 years old ( would gain a year in about a month). I had to teach him how to chew his food, blow his nose, suck through a straw, etc , and lost enough of his eye sight that he can't drive a car. Short term memory problems, etc, etc. Now married with 2 sons and is 53 years old. He has built a housing development, commercial real estate, etc. Very proud of him.

Picture of him on his 50 year old birthday party riding a mechanical bull. People ask him if he is the old man on Duck Dynasty :)

Attachments