Yet another one for Mathew (maybe)

Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum

Help Support Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum:

Victor Bravo

Yes, mostly the 130-145HP DH Gipsy engine series, but the one I had years ago had the Blackburn Cirrus Minor 2a. During the war they had two models with Lycoming GPU engines converted to aircraft configuration, and in the 1960's or 70's they had a few models with O-320 and one with the O-360 (Auster Workmaster).

OMG - I beat Matthew to this answer... I beat Matthew to this answer!!! I'm the fastest gun in the internet !!!

Riggerrob

I see your B4 and raise you an E.P 9
Edgar Percival E.P.9 - Wikipedia

One of only three that flew with Armstrong Cheetah engines. One left the factory with a Cheetah engine while two were later converted in Australia.
Since the original climbed well with the original 270 or 295 hp. Lycoming GO-480 engine, the extra horsepower of the Cheetah (375 hp.) would have made it even more popular with 5 or 6 skydivers crammed inside.
Did I mention that skydivers have short attention spans? Hah! Hah!

cluttonfred

HBA Supporter
Smaller and a little more attractive but also interesting are the Chrislea Ace/Super Ace/Skyjeep variants, not really to compete for cargo and skydriving jobs but it could make an interesting camper. Plus I'm a sucker for an H-tail in a light aircraft and you could have trigear if you prefer. You'd need a tail stand for the trigear one when camping but they you'd need one to raise the tail for the taildragger anyway unless you like sleeping at an angle.

85-2.jpg
85-1.jpg
12361_1258918415.jpg

Riggerrob

Smaller and a little more attractive but also interesting are the Chrislea Ace/Super Ace/Skyjeep variants, not really to compete for cargo and skydriving jobs but it could make an interesting camper. Plus I'm a sucker for an H-tail in a light aircraft and you could have trigear if you prefer. You'd need a tail stand for the trigear one when camping but they you'd need one to raise the tail for the taildragger anyway unless you like sleeping at an angle.

View attachment 116011
View attachment 116012
View attachment 116013
That hatch in the turtle deck mimics those on World War 2 vintage ambulance and liasson airplanes but looks much easier to load.