• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Yet another new member

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BDINO

I am the current president, newletter editor, and Young Eagle Coordinator for EAA Chapter 111, in Muscatine, Iowa. I have been in EAA off and on since 1978. I got my private and commercial SEL in the Air Force in 1971 and then drifted away to get married and have two kids. Still have smiley dreams about flying the T-34's that the Air Force Aero Clubs had access to in those days. Got back into EAA in the 90's and have finally started flying again since kids are out of my hair now. I have a real problem with kits and plans built airplanes available today as I am 6'6" and weight 260 lbs. I finally have hooked up with the Vision by American Affordable that is a plans built composite that trips my trigger. It can be modified to allow plenty of room and it is regularly done. My present interest is in a subaru FI set up to put out around 160 hp. That gives a true in excess of 200 mph. Go high and go fast and have lunch far away. I am interested in anything current that involves composite construction and I am presently setting up a shop to rebuild my dune buggy and begin playing with vacuum bagging techniques. Much of the material you find posted is old news.

Back