• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Yesterday was the best day in a long time!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vipor_GG

I haven't been around in a while. Life has been all over me like a mad grizzly for the past couple years. Dad in really bad health and been raising grandchildren for a couple years. Everyone has had days where you can't get anything right, but yesterday was one of those rare days where nothing could go wrong! I started by kissing my wife good morning. After getting the younger kids to school my wife, oldest grandchild, and I let to apply for passports for an upcoming mission trip. Would you believe there was no line. Dropped the oldest off at school and called work. Work told me to enjoy the rest of the day. Picked up the youngest to from school (the oldest had after school activities and took them to the zoo. As we were leaving the zoo my phone rang and a friend asked me if I could come to Owens field to see a plane with him. I sure can! Well I get there and see his car, but I don't see him. I asked at the desk and was told he was by that plane pointing at a Cherokee not far from the building. He said I could go on out there so I did. As it turns out he bought the plane a couple months ago! Knowing how much I love planes he asked if I want to go up sometime. I said anytime, he said let's go. A few minutes later we were taxiing to the runway and he me steer! At the stop line he had me read off the check list, run up, check mags, check carb heat, etc. Down the runway, roll out, and we're away. Turned toward OBG and climbed to 2000, he asked if I wanted to take the controls. Is there actually more than one answer to that question? I'm still smiling from ear to ear!!!

Hope everyone has been doing well!
Vipor

Back