Yardstore

HomeBuiltAirplanes.com

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes.com:

TFF

Nice they are still around. Back when surplus was available, they had cool stuff.

Dan Thomas

I bought one of those big drill bit sets from them. The fractional-number-letter sets. Was sorely disappointed. Some of the bits had their points ground with reverse rake and wouldn't cut at all. I had to regrind so many of them it's not funny. Asian stuff. They were all supposed to be split point, too; maybe a quarter of them actually were. Could have bought the same set for less money at Princess Auto (Canadian version of Harbor Freight).

Dan Thomas

The website linked above says their stuff is American made... is that a new development because of the quality issue Dan had?
Dunno, but it was about six or seven years ago that I bought it. Maybe they got enough angry comebacks to stop importing junk. Shoot, there are good Asian drill bits; one doesn't need to bring in the cheapest of the cheap.

I didn't send mine back. I'm in Canada and the freight to send them back would have been hardly worth it, and I don't think they'd have reimbursed me. They also sent it UPS, which to Canadians is crazy, since UPS does their own customs brokering and they charge stupidly high fees for it. I spent less than $300 and the brokerage was $90. If it had gone in the mail it would have arrived with no hassle at all.

proppastie

Log Member
I remember they had a strange shipping rate I think flat rate for how much the purchase was......I ordered a bucking bar with the rivet gun spring to take advantage of the shipping rate.

BJC

HBA Supporter
I recieved the supplies from Yard Store in two days, as promised.

Ordered some replacement David Clark jell ear seals from Aircraft Spruce on Thursday morning, and just got a notice that the USPS will deliver them today. I talked to ACS in GA. They are open, but orders must be placed over the telephone and paid for with a credit card. They will bring the items to your car.

BJC

PS. Walmart has the DC ear seals for $2 less than ACS, but I just hate doing business with them, so I spent the extra money with ACS.

Last edited:
Group Builder