Yamaha Apex internal gear reduction.

HomeBuiltAirplanes.com

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes.com:

Yellowhammer

HBA Supporter
Born In Alabama, reside: Louisiana (unfortunately)
So did a number of Japanese market FWD V6's. One bank has the plugs hard against the firewall...

Due to tax regulations they were getting sold off and scrapped in favour of buying new cars before the spark plugs wore out...

So why make it easy to change plugs if no-one will be doing it?

I was talking about a headlight on a malibu. Plugs, totally different and I can understand that for sure.

Yellowhammer

HBA Supporter
Born In Alabama, reside: Louisiana (unfortunately)
After careful consideration.I need to make a block that the ordinary person who can afford a nice boat can afford an airplane that is safe and has decent performance numbers.The Yamaha engins will work and are reliable.To me they just are not where we as humans can fly.I want to go a total diffefent direction.I need to design a block that we can use off the shelf part to finish building.2600 rpms ish in prop range,1 to one hp ratio.100 hp. 5 grand total engin cost.I think this would cover perfomance need of most home builders.I probably should start a new thread.I am learning a lot from everyones input.I do not hold all the knowledge to accomplish this task.I will need help.I know it can be done.As alway i want your input.The good the bad and the not so pretty.I learn from as many sources as I can and then put it together.Without you and others this will never get accomplished.Love to you all.Been drinkin tonight😃

I agree with you 100 percent. It can be done. Will take the help of a group of motivated, like minded, unselfish individuals to make it happen.

A great example would be the guy that was building the Javelina Engine. This engine was a half VW block with, I believe Harley Davidson Heads. He claimed he was getting 75 hp and it was direct drive air cooled.

I tried to contact this man for a long time and NEVER made contact. You can google Lone Star Aviation Javelina Engine and read information on it.

I read online the other day that Harley Davidson and Vance and Hines parted ways. Vance and Hines just created a High Performance V Twin with, are you ready? 360 hp. That's right, 360 hp.

The engine is 160 cubic inches and is shown in silver and black. The Javelina is engine painted in red.
The Javelina was supposed to be a drop in replacement of the Rotax 582 and the same weight as the 582.
So it can be done. Organization is the key. Well, a little money too.

vh160vt.jpgLone Star.jpg