Yaesu ft230 handheld

Discussion in 'Instruments / Avionics / Electrical System' started by piperpilot1363, Dec 3, 2014.

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes Forum by donating:

1. Dec 3, 2014 #1

piperpilot1363

piperpilot1363

piperpilot1363

Hey everyone,

i was was wondering if anyone had any experience with any Yaesu radio products? I haven't been able to find enough information from buyer reviews to make an informed desicion between Yaesu and Icom products, so any thoughts are welcome. I need a handheld for my primary comms in a an aircraft without an electrical system. I am equipped with external antennas. Thanks you!

2. Dec 3, 2014 #2

PrzemekMac

PrzemekMac

PrzemekMac

Hi. I'm using fta720 and previously vxa-300 and vxa-700.
    I'm very happy with yaesu and I think it's much more betted choose than icom (a24 for eg.).

Why? I hadn't never problem with yaesu radios (ham and aviation).
    In yaesu with similar price to icom you always got more features. For eg. i was able to customize my radio much more than icom.

The major pros of yaesu was battery and charging system. In vxa-300, vxa-700 and fta 710 you have builded in radio inteligence for charging and cover battery. You're not able to destroy or overcharge. I saw many Icom in aeroclubs with damaged battery because of this.

Take a look about latest fta 750 or 550 with li-ion battery. This is new way of yaesu. Very good radio with excelent VOR and full ILS (fta750).
    Previous aviation models are fine too.