• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

X Air-Falcon_Fatigue Strength

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mohanakannan

Hi All

Am gonna buy a new XAir-Falcon ultralight aircraft from India. I am going through the design of this aircraft just to make sure that the aircraft is fatigue free and fly for several years. But some places i find some stress concentration areas. Can anybody give me some clarification on this.

The fuselage is made of 4 steel tubes hanging from the tail boom that runs from the engine to the tail (thickness unknown) they have been bent sharply at two places leading to some stress concentration in these areas. Secondly the spar is a single aluminum tube there is no doubling in it (Doubling is there only at the strut attachment). And the Tangs that holds the strut is also bent.

Is it okay to go ahead with this airplane, I am also interested in pushing this plane to its limits very often. Will it be strong enough to hold it to gather for 20 years or so?? Or if you have any other recommendations please let me know.

Back