• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

WOW the choices

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nev25

Not trying to get anyone to make a discussion for me just after advice on if I have any more choices

I'm trying to decide on a plans build

I'm in Australia (not that is relevant)

I'm limited to

1/Limited funds SO I would need to buy materials as I could afford them (so a kit is out of the question)
2/Plans would preferably be in Metric
3/Two seater Cannot see the point in a build just for myself to enjoy)
4/Preferably transportable (removable, Folding wings) (cannot see the point of forking out hanger Parking fees when I live so close to local airfield)
5/Most important Must fall into the Australian Ultralight category

Looked at the Mini max (Hi max) seems reasonable but single seater, Plans free, plans imperial was trying to convert to metric it was a bit of a task then found
Cherry BX-2 Nice -Plans are a bit expensive (compared to others and Im told in German??) everything else seems ok
Then today I came across
Zenith Zodiac series really nice, Ticks all the boxes except the transportable issue

What others choices do I have

or am I asking to much

Back