• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Would this require an STC... C182 question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello All,

I have a need to add a bracket for mounting in the cabin and have a question. In the floor of my C182 I have 2 vertical plates where my front seatbelt brackets attach. They are attached with a triangle shaped plate that when attached rotate as needed. The way this is done is with a internal standoff that is a bit longer and wont allow it to pinch the belt bracket bracket when tightened. There is also a washer on the bolt to take up most of the space but only leave maybe .010" so gap. I want to replace this washer with a rectangular plate with other tapped holes or a slot for a strap. This woudl allow me to make a fire extinguisher mount as well as something else I am considering in same place. Since its safety related by adding a fire extinguisher wonder if NORSEE would apply.

I assume the FSDO is who I need to talk to, but figured I'd run it by here first...

Back