• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Would-Be Falco Aircraft Builder

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Charles Witherell

For a good many years while fully employed as an engineer with the Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory In California I accumulated a large quantity of parts and components for plans-building a Falco aircraft. Once I retired, I figured on devoting full time to this project. But not all well-planned programs are meant to be, and while up to then I had excellent health, I was suddenly stricken with no warning with an aortic dissection- a usually fatal condition. With very fast driving by my capable wife and a world-class cardiac surgical team at a nearby hospital, plus the grace of God, I made it through the ordeal - a statistical anomaly in the words of the head medical guru at AOPA. He said that since so few survive this event, it would be an uphill battle with the FAA to even consider issuing a medical. There went my very ambitious plans for creating a neat homebuilt aircraft. The Falco is simply too fast, a retractable and too heavy to fall within the LSA rules. I carefully checked this out.

Then to make bad matters even worse, on March 3rd, the unthinkable happened when my dear wife and companion and co-pilot for 65 years suddenly without any warning passed away while napping at her desk - no illness or complaints. With this background and a garage full of aircraft spruce and metals, plus a Lycoming IO320 engine and brand new matching Hartzell c/s prop and many tools and supplies, I am planning upon listing everything for sale with the hope that some aspiring young builder can convert these materials into the fine aircraft that they were intended for.

This is my profile, and if anyone is interested in these items, feel free to contact me at [email protected] and I will send you a 9-page detailed list of what I have. I plan to list these things in the For Sale section when I can get around to it.
Charlie

Back