Quantcast

World Wide Internet Problems??

HomeBuiltAirplanes.com

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes.com:

Aerowerx

The previous few days my internet speed has been absolutely horrendous. Was even getting "timed out site did not respond in time" here on HBA.

Even my SO (visiting her family in the Philippines) was complaining. (Of course, Philippines is supposed to have the lowest average speed anyway.)

I checked everything I could here, including a speed test with my service provider. Not spectacular, but within specs.

Then I got investigating and found that there was a world wide problem. Allegedly caused by someone hacking into a high-level server somewhere. SCARY! There were several areas in the world reporting outages or slow-downs. Just think what a devoted "digital terrorist" could do!

It was back to normal last night and today.

Anyway, since HBA has members from all over, did anyone else notice the problem?

galapoola

We had some connectivity issues at work Wednesday in central NJ. One is the company wide circuit and the other from a separate vendor and is just for our engineering group. Both went down and became intermittent at the same time. Was wondering if Skynet had taken over.

Aerowerx

.... Was wondering if Skynet had taken over.
I doubt it. Since we are here talking about it!:)

By the way. I just installed a new modem for my internet/TV upgrade.

WHHEEEEEE!!!! I can feel the wind in my hair! 78Mbs download 17MBs upload!

Mark Schoening

HBA Supporter
Anybody use satellite? I've heard horror stories. I live so far out in the boonies, access to high speed is non-existent, cept via cell phone ($$$) or a really poor and slow provider. .

Dana

Super Moderator
Staff member
Anybody use satellite? I've heard horror stories. I live so far out in the boonies, access to high speed is non-existent, cept via cell phone ($$$) or a really poor and slow provider. .
We have satellite at the cabin, shared by around 20 families. It's not too bad until the monthly data allowance gets used up and they throttle it, then it slows to a glacial crawl. Heavy rain will knock it out. We have unlimited data on our cell phones, but there's not much cell service there.