• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Workshop cleanliness for open layup

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shadow

New-to-me workshop was used for wood working. Sawdust everywhere, even on the ceiling. Needless to say all this will be vacuumed and wiped and maybe a fresh coat of paint on the walls/ceiling.

The concrete floor is what concerns me. It's your typical brushed finish concrete like you would have in a garage with what appears to be some sort of coating. It's not even remotely smooth. After vacuuming, brushing, and mopping you could still see sawdust in the small valleys and troughs of the floor. In these cleaned floor areas you can wipe your finger and manage to bring up some dirt/dust even after the cleaning described earlier. My intuition is that walking over this floor will kick up dust.

How clean of a space is needed for doing wet layups? How clean for vacuum bagging, infusion, other composite techniques?

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated!

Back