Woods "Windy" pusher design

HomeBuiltAirplanes.com

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes.com:

plncraze

HBA Supporter
Harris Woods was a very, very prolific designer-builder-flyer! He sorta sounds like Fritzw. "After work I like to design and build a few airplanes..." LOL

fly2kads

HBA Supporter
I like his "out of the box" thinking! Pusher; narrow, sit-on-top fuselage; bicycle gear with outriggers; three (!) go-cart engines. (Per the article, the go-kart engines were replaced with a single McCulloch.) Looks like a bunch of fun.

BBerson

Light Plane Philosopher
HBA Supporter
Yeah, the sit on top "keel" fuselage is smaller and lighter than a sit inside fuselage. Also provides some lower crash/crunch stroke protection.

WBNH

When I was like 11 or 12...1986 or so, I wrote Harris Woods' widow, enamored with the Windy...seeking plans. I still have the Kitplanes issue that highlighted six or so of his designs and gave her address for inquiries back then. I was very kindly written back that the only plans available at the time were Woody's Pusher. The Windy never fully left the imagination though.

BJC

HBA Supporter
When I was like 11 or 12...1986 or so, I wrote Harris Woods' widow, enamored with the Windy...seeking plans. I still have the Kitplanes issue that highlighted six or so of his designs and gave her address for inquiries back then. I was very kindly written back that the only plans available at the time were Woody's Pusher. The Windy never fully left the imagination though.
Eva was a kind, fine lady who continued to support EAA chapter 506, which was started by Harris, long after his death.

BJC