• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Wooden plane nut on board

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChuckN

I am so glad I found this forum. I have been hoping for some time that an advanced and universal kitplane forum would come online. The splintered up special interest forums on specific aircraft type websites just don't get enough traffic to make them worth visiting on a regular basis. Hopefully word of this forum will get around to all the EAA'ers and airplane builders out there. I will definitely tell the guys in my EAA chapter.

If anyone is interested I must say I'm a huge fan of wooden airplanes. But, in this day and age it seems a little unconventional to want to build an airplane from wood. I have been building balsa and ply R/C planes for over 17 years now and my grandfather built sailboats so wood is sort of my comfort zone. Which is ironic because I am a machinist by trade and I have an A&P license and sheetmetal experience. Go figure.

As of yet I do not have my pilot's license and I have not chosen a specific plene to build. I have flown in a Tailwind and a CH601 Zodiac and was very impressed by both but my short list is not limited to just these 2 aircraft types. I am also interested in other economical airplanes that perform well on 80 - 100hp, such as the Pulsar XP and Champion V.

Last edited:
Back